Vacancy for the post of Research Assistance
Prakriti Resources Centre (PRC) is a non -governmental organization working for sustainable development and environmental justice in Nepal. We are craving a niche for ourselves in the area of Climate Change, Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction and Environmental Sustainability. Policy engagement, research, capacity building and partnership are our working approaches. PRC is seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the position of Research Assistant for legal and policy analysis for a research project related to the implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) for adaptation and loss and damage in Nepal. The assignment is expected to commence with immediate effect.
Position: Research Assistant
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of literature and legislation relevant to the research topic;
- Contribute substantial input to development of research plans, questionnaire, project concept notes, and field research guides;
- Planning of consultations, workshops relevant to the research project;
- Assist in authoring the national concept note, national research paper for Nepal, briefing notes, policy papers, and other materials as required;
- Help to develop and coordinate research dissemination and follow-up activities, including providing substantive advice on the future direction of the program;
- Identify and develop possible interactions with relevant stakeholders related to research areas of focus;
- Conduct interviews with a variety of actors (government, traditional leaders, CSOs, youth groups, women’s leaders, etc), using a full-range of qualitative research techniques;
- Provide insights into the findings of field research, using substantial local knowledge (political, institutional, cultural, etc); and
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- Master Degree in Environment Science, Natural Resources Management, Development Studies and other related disciplines
- Understanding of the UNFCCC processes, and the Paris Agreement;
- Previous experience working in the field of international development, law, or research at a professional level (preferred);
- Proven record of successful interaction with individuals from a diverse array of backgrounds, including government officials, police, traditional leaders, women, the elderly, youth, CSOs, etc;
- Demonstrable experience conducting and analyzing field research;
- Ability to conduct evidence-based policy analysis and play an active role in the development of program policy and direction;
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
Anticipated start date for the position is November 2018.
Please submit your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2018. Kindly put your email subject as “Application for Research Assistant”.
TOR and Qualifications required for the position Research Assistant is available in this link: TOR for Research Assistance
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae (not to exceed 2 pages), a letter explaining your interest in this position and detailing relevant achievements and the contact information for 2 professional references (employers, professors, etc). Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Remuneration will be based on the organizational policy.